Maxis moves the steps on its 4G LTE service a lot faster than any other mobile service providers in Malaysia.Being the first 4G LTE service provider in Malaysia,Maxis had announced to provide wider coverage to Penang,Johor Bahru,Kota Kinabalu and Kuching. Yes,they are in East Malaysia now.
New Google Maps was introduced one day ago during Google I/O 2013 keynote.It’s redesigned to be simple,clean with rich information.Applying the latest WebGL technology,the new Google Maps runs very smoothly in Chrome browser.
I requested to have a try on the latest Google Maps and luckily I’ve been in first group of people to try it right away.
Google Maps has been most interactive maps in the world.You could simply click on anything on the map and it will extract every helpful information to you.
Google Maps also allows you to discover undersea or the universe with Earth view.You could even use the 3D mode to ‘visit’ some places that you wanna be. Continue reading →
Currently,some Maxis iPhone 5 users have received update for enabling 4G LTE service on Maxis network.It has been reported on MalaysianWireless in this morning.Since iPhone 5 is not supporting 2600Mhz 4G LTE network which is initially applied on Malaysia’s 4G LTE network,the current carrier update from Maxis implies that Maxis has been supporting 1800Mhz 4G LTE network from now on.
Up to now Maxis hasn’t yet released any official announcement for the coverage of 1800Mhz 4G LTE network.However,we may see the overall coverage map from OpenSignal map.
I‘ve tried many mobile telco services since MNP available in Malaysia.At first,I changed to DiGi from Maxis as it’s cheaper at that time.However,I gave it up soon because of its bad coverage,especially 3G. So U Mobile got to be my second choice:better plan and quite good 3G coverage as well as speed.Well,after more than one year,I find that there are some weird issues such as hard to connect 3G data with full signal or always sucessfully running on roaming mode when outstation but failing to get data connection.As a heavy mobile data user,it makes me really sad.I want to get a service with reasonable price and good data service quality.Now,I turn to try TuneTalk.
I directly order the SIM pack from the website.It’s free of charge and with RM2 airtime.The only thing you need to do is filling the form with your own particulars,choose the number you wanna get to use and submit it.You can choose to get either normal SIM,micro SIM or even nano SIM.
U Mobile quietly introduces one new unlimited mobile internet plan UMI 48 for their prepaid users.
It’s a bit similar with UMI 28 which includes 100 mins talking time and 30 sms monthly,but for UMI 48,it gives 2GB high speed data quota compared to only 500MB monthly for UMI 28.Therefore,this plan is more suitable for people who heavily online on the move.
To subscribe it,please sms ON UMI 48 to 28118 and you will receive a message to inform you once your plan is activated.
U Mobile recently just changed its Head of Broadband and now new plan comes out,I’m wondering if they’re trying to push users to enjoy more juice from the innovative service.Let’s wait and see!
As one of the most popular mobile phones in the world,Samsung Galaxy S III gets more attentions on the potential upgrade.Well,this time Samsung does not make the users upset.In the official blog of Samsung,two related posts are written to introduce the upcoming upgrade for Galaxy S III.
(1) Page Buddy: Your phone will smartly predict what you intend to do according to your actions. For example, when you plug in your earphones, the device automatically opens up a page with the music player.
(2) Contextual Menu: When you list up apps, you can now choose to see the most frequently used ones first. Especially convenient when you’re looking through apps to find files to attach.
(3) Contextual Tag: When you take a picture on the phone, you can tag the weather, date, and place immediately.
(1) Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
(2) Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to ‘Auto Share Shot’ mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
(3) Reader Mode: You can easily control the size of the text on your browser! Also, you can just click the webpage to share it!
(4) Facebook Lock Ticker: The easiest way to see your Facebook News Feeds – set your phone to show it on your lock screen.
(1) Paper Artist: You can make a picture like a pop artist! Change the moods of your pictures whenever you want!
(2) Camera, Low Light Shot: It’s always tough to take pictures in dark places. So the GALAXY S III with Premium Suite has a Low-Light-Shot function. Get your hands on one and check out the difference!
(3) Camera, Best Face: The problem with group pictures? Somebody always, ALWAYS blinks. Well, Best Face is your solution to that. Best Face takes 5 consecutive pictures and lets you choose the best face for each person among those shots.
New Features & Better Accessibility
(1) Easy Mode: For first-time smartphone users and/or those who are really really, well, lazy. This function helps you set up the most five frequently used widgets on the home screen, so you don’t have to be tired of looking everywhere to find those apps.
(2) Sound Balance: You can adjust the balance of volume one each side of earphones.
(3) Setup Wizard: After turning on your cell phone, you can see the accessibility menu right away on the screen.
(4) Camera Easy Snap: With ‘talk back’ and ‘face detection’ on your settings menu, the GALAXY S III tells you how many faces it can detect on the camera preview.
They also shot 2 short films to let people see how the new functions work.
According to the past experience,the upgrade will start from country by country and it may take months when it reaches your phone.So if you don’t want to wait,you definitely could flash the firmware by yourself.However,it will break your warranty and may cause some irreversible damage to the phone.So,the safest way is ‘wait’.
After the hot sales around 2 weeks ago,Google finally sent out notifications telling that Nexus 4 will be ready to order on November 27 at 12:00 noon PST (U.S. only) at Google Play Store.
Nexus 4 is the latest product from Google Nexus family with the most powerful Quad core processor Qualcomm Sanpdragon S4 Pro with 2GB RAM and the latest Anroid 4.2 Jelly Bean.It was sold out in less than one hour last time in Google Play Store.
If you want to handle that cool toy in your hand,get ready to order it at the right time.Good luck!