1st Malaysian-ASEAN Regional Bloggers Conference held in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia earlier today.Given a speech in the conference,Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak stressed again that current government of Malaysia will not intend to censor the Internet.
The points are:
- Malaysian government is willing to build an open and digital democracy of society and it’s on the way to go.
- Malaysian government is keeping to develop Multimedia Super Corridor which was initiated by former Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir.
- Malaysian government is hoping to treat the bloggers as partners to move forward together,not as enemies.
- Malaysian government is looking forward to seeing that bloggers could treat government fairly to make comments online.
- Malaysian government is helping doing further investments on high speed broadband services to eliminate the digital gap.
Could the promise be trusted?Well,as it is a public speech that most people now hear it,I don’t think the government could change their principle so easily.Do wish to see a much open Malaysia soon!