The well-known Android modded team CyanogenMod announced that the latest version CM 9 stable is starting to rolling out slowly,for all supported devices including Samsung Galaxy S series,Galaxy Nexus,Nexus S,SE Xperia Neo etc.
More firmwares will be listed up after completing the processes on the server.
Meanwhile,as Android 4.1 Jelly Bean had been released by Google weeks ago,CyanogenMod will start to focus mainly on CM 10 which will be based on Jelly Bean,perhaps only keeping bug fixes work on CM 9.
So if you have a device without official support on Android 4.0,you may try to get CM 9 if your device is supported.From my experience,it could run quite well in most of time.Cheers!
Google Translate gets the latest update today.In this version,it starts to support translating the texts in a picture.
Yes,you just have to take a photo and brush the text and you could get the meaning in your own language(currently only available to English,Spanish,Chinese and part of the Arabic).
Once you highlight the texts you want to translate,you could get your result almost immediately.It’s really great when reading some documents with professional vocabulary or travelling in a city where you’re not familiar with their languages.
Of course,it’s not the only thing Google Translate can do.
With Google Translate you can:
• Translate text between 64 languages
• Translate by speaking the text instead of typing it (17 languages)
• Use camera to take a picture and brush text to translate (available on Android 2.3 and above).
• Listen to your translations spoken aloud (40 languages)
• Communicate with another person using speech-to-speech translation in Conversation Mode (ALPHA, 14 languages)
• Display translations in full screen mode to make it easier for others nearby to read
• Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
• Access your translation history even when you’re offline
• Spell out the translation of non-Latin script languages (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, etc..) in Latin characters to read it phonetically (e.g. Pinyin, Romaji)
• View additional dictionary results for single words or short phrases
• Push the handwriting button and simply write what you want to translate
After months of testing,WordPress 3.4 is finally working officially.It has a code name “Green” in honor of guitarist Grant Green.
In this updated version,the biggest change for users is Theme Customizer which allows you edit your theme with live preview.You can change color,background,custom image of header etc. in the customizer.
Another change is Tweets could be embed in posts now.Just insert a permanent link of your tweet in a post and it would be embedded beautifully.
Lastly,image captions have been improved to allow HTML,like links,in them.
The upgrade process is simple as usual.Get into your update settings,backup your data and click ‘Update now’.Then it will be completed within 5 mins normally.Of course,manual installation will be an option too.You could download WordPress 3.4 here.
Rovio created Angry Birds one year ago and till now the series of games are still in the list of most downloaded games.Today,Rovio releases a new version of Angry Birds,called ‘Space‘.Well,pigs now will fly. 😀
Actually it was be introduced in SXSW some days ago with Samsung Galaxy Note LTE.However,it turns to be available to all popular platforms.
If you’re interested in this game,you can get to download it by following methods.
TM Unifi is a fibre optical service which provides up to 20Mbps internet and IPTV services to the users.The default modem that is given by TM is from D-Link.Many users founds that the performance is not so good,especially it will get frequent disconnection when it’s under heavy usage and not for good WiFi coverage too.
TP-Link,a leading brand on network products,sells a large variety of modem products and some of the users have tested to replace D-Link modem by TP-Link products such as TL-WR841N/ND Version 7 and TL-WR1043ND.
After months of testing,they have finally released official firmwares for fully support of Unifi service(including IPTV).The latest firmware for WR841N/ND is TL-WR841ND_v7_120221_MY;for WR1043ND is TL-WR1043ND_V1_120210(click the links for downloading the firmware).
If you don’t know how to setup the modem,you could refer to klseet.com .