This time Google is a bit quiet to release the new flagship Android products-Nexus 6,Nexus 9 and Player.
Nexus 6 is built by Motorola. Thus you could easily find the same design elements from Moto X in this new toy.
The huge 6″ QHD AMOLED will definitely blow you away.Don’t forget it’s pairing with dual front-facing speakers.Adding Snapdragon 805 Quad-core 2.7 Ghz processor & Adreno 420 GPU to the heart,this one is just like a monster in the year. Continue reading Nexus 6 & more with Android 5.0
Motorola,a Google company now,just released Moto G – an Android phone to attack the entry smartphone market worldwide.
The phone is running with Snapdragon 400 quad-core 1.2 Ghz CPU.The display is 4.5 inches 1280*720 HD at 329ppi. It has two cameras:the rear one is 5MP,supporting slow motion video and burst mode whilst the front one is 1.3MP. No Android 4.4 Kitkat at this moment,but I think it’s still okay with Android 4.3 . Bluetooth 4.0 is working on this phone;however,no 4G supported,only HSPA+ up to 21Mbps. The standard version has 8GB storage and 16GB version will be available too.
The 2070mah battery is bigger than the average and Motorola promises that Moto G could get “all day battery”,thanks to the software tweaks. Well,as an ex-Android users(I used to have Nexus One,Razr Maxx and GS3),none of them could last for more than 24 hours and so I might pay some doubt here.
Consumers always care about the price and I believe this is one of the biggest weapons of Moto G.The 8GB model only sells at US$179 and if adding another US$20,you could get 16GB model.
Of course,Moto knows that everybody wants to get a phone to fit one’s own lifestyle. 7 colors of shells can be chosen and you could have a better flip shell too. Continue reading Moto G
After tons of rumors and leaks,Google finally pushed out Nexus 5 quietly to Google Play Store overnight with Android 4.4 KitKat.
Nexus 5 owns Snagdragon 800 2.2Ghz Processor,2GB RAM and 4.85 inch Full HD(1080P) IPS display.Made by LG,it’s still capable with wireless charging and NFC.It also works on LTE network,Bluetooth 4.0 and the latest WIFI technology 802.11 ac.
Adding a new function called HDR+,LG said it could make vivid photos by day and sharper ones by night.
Continue reading Nexus 5 comes to the world together with Android 4.4
Finally,Google Street View comes to Malaysia,6 years after the service introducing in US.
At the beginning,there are 18 private-owned places of interest in KL including Taman Tasik Titiwangsa, Batu Caves Sri Subramaniam Temple, Masjid Sultan Sallahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah and the Penang War Musue,showing the real views by this street imaging service.
Google Malaysia also announces that they start to collect 360 degree imagery for roads and streets from KL. Multiple varieties of ways will be applied for this mission,such as the specialized car/tricycle mounted with cameras,the street view trolley and the street view Trekker.
After they gather all images together and stitch them with GPS and other related information,all will be available to the users who are willing to have a look at the places.Yes, you can visit a place virtually without paying one cent.How amazing ! Continue reading Know Malaysia better by Google Street View
Google just introduced Android 4.3,the newest member in Jelly Bean family,to the public.This version is for bug fixes and performance enhancements.The highlights are as following:
- OpenGL ES 3.0 — Game developers can now take advantage of OpenGL ES 3.0 and EGL extensions as standard features of Android, with access from either framework or native APIs.
- Bluetooth Smart — Now your apps can communicate with the many types of low-power Bluetooth Smart devices and sensors available today, to provide new features for fitness, medical, location, proximity, and more.
- Restricted profiles — Tablet owners can create restricted profiles to limit access to apps, for family, friends, kiosks, and more. Your app can offer various types of restrictions to let tablet owners control its capabilities in each profile.
- New media capabilities — A modular DRM framework enables media application developers to more easily integrate DRM into their own streaming protocols such as MPEG DASH. Apps can also access a built-in VP8 encoder from framework or native APIs for high-quality video capture.
- Notification access — Your apps can now access and interact with the stream of status bar notifications as they are posted. You can display them in any way you want, including routing them to nearby Bluetooth devices, and you can update and dismiss notifications as needed.
- Improved profiling tools — New tags in the Systrace tool and on-screen GPU profiling give you new ways to build great performance into your app.
Continue reading Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is coming