Yesterday,DiGi quietly showed the information on the website to claim that they will start to sell LG Nexus 4 from 7 January 2013.
Till now,there’s no further information to be disclosed on the website,including the price.However,some rumor said that the RRP should be around RM1799.
The question is whether DiGi will put this phone available for RM200 rebate under Youth Cmmunication package.If yes,I’m sure it will attract quite a number young guys to buy it as RM1599 will be very impressive price compared to most mobile phones in the market although the retail price after rebate is still RM300(US100) more than buying from Google Play Store.Do you agree?
Update:Today,DiGi starts the pre-order of Nexus 4 online and in some selected DiGi Stores.The RRP is set at RM1649 and with DiGi Smart Plan 88,the device price is dropped to RM1499.
As one of the most popular mobile phones in the world,Samsung Galaxy S III gets more attentions on the potential upgrade.Well,this time Samsung does not make the users upset.In the official blog of Samsung,two related posts are written to introduce the upcoming upgrade for Galaxy S III.
(1) Page Buddy: Your phone will smartly predict what you intend to do according to your actions. For example, when you plug in your earphones, the device automatically opens up a page with the music player.
(2) Contextual Menu: When you list up apps, you can now choose to see the most frequently used ones first. Especially convenient when you’re looking through apps to find files to attach.
(3) Contextual Tag: When you take a picture on the phone, you can tag the weather, date, and place immediately.
(1) Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
(2) Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to ‘Auto Share Shot’ mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
(3) Reader Mode: You can easily control the size of the text on your browser! Also, you can just click the webpage to share it!
(4) Facebook Lock Ticker: The easiest way to see your Facebook News Feeds – set your phone to show it on your lock screen.
(1) Paper Artist: You can make a picture like a pop artist! Change the moods of your pictures whenever you want!
(2) Camera, Low Light Shot: It’s always tough to take pictures in dark places. So the GALAXY S III with Premium Suite has a Low-Light-Shot function. Get your hands on one and check out the difference!
(3) Camera, Best Face: The problem with group pictures? Somebody always, ALWAYS blinks. Well, Best Face is your solution to that. Best Face takes 5 consecutive pictures and lets you choose the best face for each person among those shots.
New Features & Better Accessibility
(1) Easy Mode: For first-time smartphone users and/or those who are really really, well, lazy. This function helps you set up the most five frequently used widgets on the home screen, so you don’t have to be tired of looking everywhere to find those apps.
(2) Sound Balance: You can adjust the balance of volume one each side of earphones.
(3) Setup Wizard: After turning on your cell phone, you can see the accessibility menu right away on the screen.
(4) Camera Easy Snap: With ‘talk back’ and ‘face detection’ on your settings menu, the GALAXY S III tells you how many faces it can detect on the camera preview.
They also shot 2 short films to let people see how the new functions work.
According to the past experience,the upgrade will start from country by country and it may take months when it reaches your phone.So if you don’t want to wait,you definitely could flash the firmware by yourself.However,it will break your warranty and may cause some irreversible damage to the phone.So,the safest way is ‘wait’.
After the hot sales around 2 weeks ago,Google finally sent out notifications telling that Nexus 4 will be ready to order on November 27 at 12:00 noon PST (U.S. only) at Google Play Store.
Nexus 4 is the latest product from Google Nexus family with the most powerful Quad core processor Qualcomm Sanpdragon S4 Pro with 2GB RAM and the latest Anroid 4.2 Jelly Bean.It was sold out in less than one hour last time in Google Play Store.
If you want to handle that cool toy in your hand,get ready to order it at the right time.Good luck!
Because of Hurricane Sandy,Google cancelled the event to officially release Nexus 4,the new flagship Android phone in Nexus series;Nexus 7,with lower prices and bigger storage;Nexus 10,the 10 inch Android tablet with the latest functions and powerful hardware.However,all have been pushed into Google Play Store online.
Nexus 4 is the smallest one among all new products,however,it has a powerful heart.This flagship Android phone is built by LG,working with the latest 1.5Ghz Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor and 2GB RAM.
The 4.7 inch 1280X768(320ppi) display screen is really amazing.It’s tough as it is covered and protected by scratch resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2.
The 8MP camera will never let you lose a scene.It now supports 360° panoramas with the new feature in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean called ‘Photo Sphere’.
After all,the most amazing thing is about the price-8GB version selling at US$299 while 16GB version selling at US$349.I think that is really a bargain as It even supports DC-HSPA+(42Mbps).
Yesterday was really a busy day for those mobile companies.Motorola also chose this day for their new product release.
In the event called “Motorola. On Display”, two new devices caught my eye.The first one is RAZR M 4G LTE.
It has a 4.3 inch qHD(960*480) Super AMOLED Advanced screen with Gorilla Glass.It also backs with the popular Kevlar cover and very slim screen borders.As a mid range smart phone,it works with Qualcomm S4 dual-core 1.5 Ghz Processor,800 mega pixels main camera(1080P video),8GB internal memory with extended memory slot,NFC etc.Well,it also supports GSM / UMTS / HSPA+,reducing the troubles of roaming.
Droid RAZR HD has a larger screen(4.7 inch,720P) and a bigger battery etc.It also works on 4G network and probably comes to the market by the end of year.
If you wanna know more about these two,you could take some time to watch the last night’s video.That should give all you wanna know.
The best news from the event is Motorola will try their best to help their Android phones releasing after 2011 to upgrade to Android 4.1(Jelly Bean) by the end of this year.If some devices can’t get the upgrade because of the limitations of hardware,Motorola will offer $100 discount to the customers for buying a new Motorola phone.It sounds quite nice,but I don’t know it’s only for US or for worldwide.Well,let’s wait for it.
I believe lots of digital geeks were waiting in front of the screens over night to see what Samsung would like to present to the world.Well,several products covering different categories from Samsung were introduced in the event last night.Of course,many of us were only willing to get the eyes on the new Gallaxy Note II.
According to the specs released,we could be sure that the new Galaxy Note II will have a even better performance than the current flagship model-Galaxy S III.Samsung will offer 2 options:grey and white and they should be available before end of this year.
In the same event,Samsung also shows Galaxy camera,ATIV S,ATIV Tab and Series 5 and 7 are Windows 8 Tablet.