Xiaomi,one of the fastest growing “mobile Internet company”,finally landed in Malaysia few months ago after having business in Singapore . Today they officially hold an event to introduce Mi3,the latest flagship smartphone from Xiaomi to Malaysians.
Mi3 has several top specifications in the current market: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8274AB(Quad core 2.3Ghz) CPU with Adreno 330 GPU,2GB RAM with 16GB flash memory,13Mpixel F2.2 28mm back camera & 2Mpixel front camera(both support 1080P video recording),5 inch IPS Retina display with 441PPI.About the network,it works with 2G & 3G(DC-HSPA+ up to 42Mbps) and 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz WiFi.The current OS is MIUI V5( customized on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean),but it’s developing on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat recently and should be available in a very short period.
Mi3 will start to sell at RM889 on the official website from 12PM 20 May 2014 and it will initiate only 4,000 units for the first batch.
So if you wanna get one , you’d better to prepare everything that Xiaomi recommends you to do first before it starts .Here’s the tips:
Google just introduced Android 4.3,the newest member in Jelly Bean family,to the public.This version is for bug fixes and performance enhancements.The highlights are as following:
OpenGL ES 3.0 — Game developers can now take advantage of OpenGL ES 3.0 and EGL extensions as standard features of Android, with access from either framework or native APIs.
Bluetooth Smart — Now your apps can communicate with the many types of low-power Bluetooth Smart devices and sensors available today, to provide new features for fitness, medical, location, proximity, and more.
Restricted profiles — Tablet owners can create restricted profiles to limit access to apps, for family, friends, kiosks, and more. Your app can offer various types of restrictions to let tablet owners control its capabilities in each profile.
New media capabilities — A modular DRM framework enables media application developers to more easily integrate DRM into their own streaming protocols such as MPEG DASH. Apps can also access a built-in VP8 encoder from framework or native APIs for high-quality video capture.
Notification access — Your apps can now access and interact with the stream of status bar notifications as they are posted. You can display them in any way you want, including routing them to nearby Bluetooth devices, and you can update and dismiss notifications as needed.
Improved profiling tools — New tags in the Systrace tool and on-screen GPU profiling give you new ways to build great performance into your app.
Yesterday,DiGi quietly showed the information on the website to claim that they will start to sell LG Nexus 4 from 7 January 2013.
Till now,there’s no further information to be disclosed on the website,including the price.However,some rumor said that the RRP should be around RM1799.
The question is whether DiGi will put this phone available for RM200 rebate under Youth Cmmunication package.If yes,I’m sure it will attract quite a number young guys to buy it as RM1599 will be very impressive price compared to most mobile phones in the market although the retail price after rebate is still RM300(US100) more than buying from Google Play Store.Do you agree?
Update:Today,DiGi starts the pre-order of Nexus 4 online and in some selected DiGi Stores.The RRP is set at RM1649 and with DiGi Smart Plan 88,the device price is dropped to RM1499.
As one of the most popular mobile phones in the world,Samsung Galaxy S III gets more attentions on the potential upgrade.Well,this time Samsung does not make the users upset.In the official blog of Samsung,two related posts are written to introduce the upcoming upgrade for Galaxy S III.
(1) Page Buddy: Your phone will smartly predict what you intend to do according to your actions. For example, when you plug in your earphones, the device automatically opens up a page with the music player.
(2) Contextual Menu: When you list up apps, you can now choose to see the most frequently used ones first. Especially convenient when you’re looking through apps to find files to attach.
(3) Contextual Tag: When you take a picture on the phone, you can tag the weather, date, and place immediately.
(1) Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
(2) Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to ‘Auto Share Shot’ mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
(3) Reader Mode: You can easily control the size of the text on your browser! Also, you can just click the webpage to share it!
(4) Facebook Lock Ticker: The easiest way to see your Facebook News Feeds – set your phone to show it on your lock screen.
(1) Paper Artist: You can make a picture like a pop artist! Change the moods of your pictures whenever you want!
(2) Camera, Low Light Shot: It’s always tough to take pictures in dark places. So the GALAXY S III with Premium Suite has a Low-Light-Shot function. Get your hands on one and check out the difference!
(3) Camera, Best Face: The problem with group pictures? Somebody always, ALWAYS blinks. Well, Best Face is your solution to that. Best Face takes 5 consecutive pictures and lets you choose the best face for each person among those shots.
New Features & Better Accessibility
(1) Easy Mode: For first-time smartphone users and/or those who are really really, well, lazy. This function helps you set up the most five frequently used widgets on the home screen, so you don’t have to be tired of looking everywhere to find those apps.
(2) Sound Balance: You can adjust the balance of volume one each side of earphones.
(3) Setup Wizard: After turning on your cell phone, you can see the accessibility menu right away on the screen.
(4) Camera Easy Snap: With ‘talk back’ and ‘face detection’ on your settings menu, the GALAXY S III tells you how many faces it can detect on the camera preview.
They also shot 2 short films to let people see how the new functions work.
According to the past experience,the upgrade will start from country by country and it may take months when it reaches your phone.So if you don’t want to wait,you definitely could flash the firmware by yourself.However,it will break your warranty and may cause some irreversible damage to the phone.So,the safest way is ‘wait’.
After the hot sales around 2 weeks ago,Google finally sent out notifications telling that Nexus 4 will be ready to order on November 27 at 12:00 noon PST (U.S. only) at Google Play Store.
Nexus 4 is the latest product from Google Nexus family with the most powerful Quad core processor Qualcomm Sanpdragon S4 Pro with 2GB RAM and the latest Anroid 4.2 Jelly Bean.It was sold out in less than one hour last time in Google Play Store.
If you want to handle that cool toy in your hand,get ready to order it at the right time.Good luck!