Several hours ago,Google finally held a live conference about its new products:Google Wallet and Google Offer.In fact,it’s not too new as many tech experts have predicted that Google would apply their NFC(Near field communication) devices into some sorts of mobile wallet.Well,now it comes true.
The latest Google Nexus S has NFC inside.Google claims that a special security chip is also setting in the phone so that when the cellphone is activated to make payment,the chip will secured the privacy during the transactions.
To use of Google Wallet is very simple,only few steps will be taken to make your first purchase.
- Make sure your cellphone is NFC enabled and your credit card is supported for Google Wallet.(currently only Citibank Mastercard or Google prepaid card is in the list)
- Install Google Wallet in your mobile phone and then log into it,set up your wallet PIN
- Add first card in Google Wallet with filling up some necessary information(quite similar with making an online transaction)
- Submit the card information and wait for the approval from the bank
- Receive the confirmation from the bank and now you can use your phone to make payments on merchant’s Paypass POS(currently only available in some partner stores)
I like the idea so much as it could definitely ease the whole payment process and let the shopping experience much happier than ever-no more long queue needed.
At the meanwhile,Google Wallet can add your royalty cards and discount vouchers too.That’s means when you’re shopping at some places with royalty card and discount vouchers,when you make the payment by Google Wallet,it automatically records the transactions into your royalty card and so you entitle the rewards/points immediately,of course,you could get some discounts too as the vouchers work for you.
Is that amazing?Well,Google Offer will satisfy you more.When you explore Internet and find some offer,the only thing you need to do is to save the offer in your PC and it will sync into your mobile phone.The offer will apply while a purchase is matched and paid by Google Wallet.It’s just that simple.
Well,after Google Wallet expands to worldwide,I can throw away the whole pockets of cards and let them sleep at home.I will feel less weight.But how long should I wait for the day coming? :P